->

Serena Williams Puts Herself Topless For Breast Cancer Awareness

Serena Williams

Breast cancer is a fairly common form of cancer around the world and therefore also in France. It is the object of a daily and merciless struggle for many women. This is why an infinite number of awareness campaigns are conducted every year in order to make women aware of this ruthless killer and offer them the best reflexes to have in order to get rid of them.

A very present cancer
Breast cancer is the most common cancer among women with 54,062 new annual cases. Knowing that about one French in 9 has already had to deal with this disease during her life without forgetting the fact that the risk of attack increases with the age from which the 90% of cases that appear beyond the 40-year threshold. As a result, only the remaining 10% of cases involve women who have not yet been in their 40s.

The fact that the 50 to 74 age group is specifically targeted by organized screening is due to the fact that the incidence of the disease is higher because the mammary gland is less dense in these women.

It also turns out that despite the fact that breast cancer cases doubled between 1980 and 2005, they have been stabilized in recent years. And what is even more positive is that the annual number of deaths due to this cancer has not increased since the 80s. This shows the good progress in screening and taking in medical care of affected women. And that's why 3 out of 4 women survive today!

When celebrity is at the service of a noble cause
In a clip that was recently put on Instagram, it's possible to see the 37-year-old tennis star holding her breasts while staring at the camera. The description of the video was as follows: "It's like Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I sang my version of the hit song" The Divinyls "entitled" I Touch Myself "to remind women to self-monitor as regularly as possible.

Serena says, "Yes, that probably took me out of my comfort zone, but I wanted to do it because it's a problem that affects all women of all colors around the world ..." Early detection is the key to everything, it saves so many lives. So I hope it will help women to think about it more often. "


We could even have hair styled backwards and makeup quite flattering.

She then added that the clip was made as part of a project "I Touch Myself" that was set up in honor of the famous diva Chrissy Amphlett, who died after breast cancer and whose song allows this reminder.

A period full of love and joy in the life of Serena Williams
This clip was released only a few days after she shared a video of her granddaughter Alexia Olympia walking along a corridor. The girl was carrying a tennis ball and was walking while leaning against a wall with a flower pattern.


The legend of the video was full of love and tenderness: "I will always protect you, I will always defend you. I will always be there for you because I am your mother. I love you as I have never loved before and thank heaven for having you.

Your mom. "


Her husband, Alexis Ohanian, also posted a video on the occasion of her final appearance at the US Open competition. The excerpt was a compilation of several moments that Serena lived in the hospital after the birth of her daughter. He commented that he was admiring for all that his wife was doing for all the fights she is waging for women around the world and he says he sees her as the most inspiring person he know.

Serena Williams

"Serena Williams and her daughter having fun together. "

This initiative of wanting to put its notoriety at the service of such a cause is something very commendable. Many women who did not pay so much attention to this issue should, since only their vigilance can save their lives.
Scroll to top
->