->

The Body Of A Man Was Eaten Alive By Worms After Eating Sushi

Sushi is becoming more and more popular around the world. Most people think of them as healthy food because you will often see people choosing sushi when they want a light and healthy meal or watching their eating habits. But for this man, his love for sushi almost killed him after his body became infected with the tapeworm.

A Chinese man went to his doctor complaining of stomach pain and itchy skin. The scans revealed that his entire body had been infected with the tapeworm after eating too much sashimi, slices of raw fish.


Sushi, healthy food?

Doctors believe that some of this uncooked food in this case raw fish was contaminated. The man was treated at the Guangzhou Hospital in Guangdong Province in eastern China.

The body of a man was eaten away by live worms

Research has shown that eating raw or undercooked fish can lead to various parasitic infections. Tapeworm infections occur after ingestion of diphyllobothrium larvae found in freshwater fish such as salmon, although marinated and smoked fish may also transmit the worm.

The body of a man was eaten away by live worms

While cases of parasitic infections have increased in the poorest areas due to lack of sanitation, cases have increased in more developed countries.

Tapeworm infection

Humans contract sushi tapeworm infections by eating raw fish that have been infected with the worm at the larval stage. When fish eat tapeworm eggs, the hooking larvae attach to the intestinal wall of the fish and the worms infect the flesh of the fish.

Because sushi is not cooked, the larvae can in turn transfer to the flesh of any human who eats the fish. Once a human is infected, a tapeworm will grow inside the intestine to a length of 15 meters over a period of several weeks. It can survive for years and go unnoticed for weeks or months, releasing its own eggs that infect other parts of the human body.

Symptoms include fatigue, constipation and abdominal discomfort, which can be so slight that the victim may not notice anything.

If the larvae begin to migrate to other parts of the body, they may begin to eat away at the liver, eyes, heart or brain and cause life-threatening conditions.

The body of a man was eaten away by live worms

In the Canadian Family Physician, according to a research, doctors say that these cases of tapeworm infection are probably due to the growing popularity of sushi and especially excessive consumption of sushi

The author of the study, Nancy Craig, wrote: "The widespread popularity of Japanese sushi and sashimi (slices of raw fish) is a contributor. But other popular dishes could also be involved, such as salted or pickled raw beef fillets from the Baltic and Scandinavian countries, carpaccio, raw salmon and ceviche which is a lightly marinated raw fish. "

Dr. Yin, from the Guangzhou People's Hospital, said eating raw food contaminated with tapeworm eggs could eventually cause cysticercosis, when adult worms enter a person's bloodstream. This type of infection is deadly once it reaches the brain.

According to several researches on sushi, other reasons indicate the risks that this food can represent for the human body.

There is a lot of bacteria in sushi

A study in Norway detected the mesophilic Aeromonas spp. Bacteria in 71% of the 58 samples examined. This bacterium is known to cause gastrointestinal problems, infections of the skin and soft tissues.

The researchers found that it was likely that poor temperature control during transport between the manufacturing site and the store led to the growth of bacteria. They also found that some bacteria can be introduced by both raw vegetables and fish.

Basic ingredients are not really good for you

Soy sauce is on the list of the worst condiments. Soy is loaded with sodium, which contributes to high blood pressure and increases the risk of heart attack or stroke. In addition, almost all soybeans in the markets are made from GMO seeds.

Refined carbohydrates in white rice are empty calories. They enter directly into your bloodstream, causing a sugar spike. They have been linked to diseases of the heart, liver, kidneys and pancreas, as well as celiac disease, gluten intolerance and allergies.
Scroll to top
->